Monday, May 25, 2009

Summer Vacation Stuff


It has been and will continue to be a very hectic and busy vacation from work. It started out with a 4 day trip to Vegas and I will be leaving for a week trip to Lake Powell starting on Wednesday. I will definitely post more on both later. But today I went with some friends on a day trip to Sedona and more importantly, to Slide Rock.

Now I will say this for everyone; the water was COLD, but it was a blast. there was a lot to do there considering that it is just free-flowing water, including fast flowing water "chutes" that you could slide down and even a place that was deep enough that people could jump off a small cliff.

Now I hadn't been there in many years so my memory of that place was a little fuzzy, but I remember there being more areas where you could just slide on the rocks. Of course it may just be because I was smaller so it seemed like there was a larger sliding area.

What really surprised me was how busy the place was, even considering that it was Memorial Day. We had to wait in a line for about 40 minutes just to get into the parking lot. But all in all, it was a fun day and I can’t wait to do something like it again. Maybe a summer trip to Magic Mountain or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment