There are times in my life when I think that I'm a bad person. Not all of the time mind you, but sometimes. While driving home tonight from work I experienced one of these rare times.
Both on my way to work as well as on my way home, i have to travel on a busy freeway that when I'm lucky, wont have much traffic on it. It does, however, usually have that steady flow of traffic which causes everyone to slow down to around 5mph under the speed limit. Don't ask me why, but it does. However, late at night there isn't a lot of traffic and allows people to put their foot down and go at a prudent speed.
Now, I was almost all the way home and had just driven off the freeway when this "bad" moment occurred. I was waiting at the exit -ramp light to get onto the surface streets when out of the corner of my eye, I see a bright flash. Someone had just been hit by the Radar Camera that was set up underneath the overpass.
As soon as this happened, I started laughing. For some reason, I think it's humorous that people are still getting hit by these things, when they have been there for years. And it's not even one of the photo-radar vans that can be set up nearly anywhere. This was a permanent photo-radar station that had 2 warnings set up 300ft and half a mile back from the station. And as I said, during the day the flow of traffic prevents people from getting hit by these cameras. But at night, people are able to go the speed they desire (as long as they slow down for the cameras). It may also be that I'm simply glad its not me.
Well, here's to you Mr. Just got hit by the photo radar camera. Hopefully your face is unreadable or blurry in the picture.
Both on my way to work as well as on my way home, i have to travel on a busy freeway that when I'm lucky, wont have much traffic on it. It does, however, usually have that steady flow of traffic which causes everyone to slow down to around 5mph under the speed limit. Don't ask me why, but it does. However, late at night there isn't a lot of traffic and allows people to put their foot down and go at a prudent speed.
Now, I was almost all the way home and had just driven off the freeway when this "bad" moment occurred. I was waiting at the exit -ramp light to get onto the surface streets when out of the corner of my eye, I see a bright flash. Someone had just been hit by the Radar Camera that was set up underneath the overpass.
As soon as this happened, I started laughing. For some reason, I think it's humorous that people are still getting hit by these things, when they have been there for years. And it's not even one of the photo-radar vans that can be set up nearly anywhere. This was a permanent photo-radar station that had 2 warnings set up 300ft and half a mile back from the station. And as I said, during the day the flow of traffic prevents people from getting hit by these cameras. But at night, people are able to go the speed they desire (as long as they slow down for the cameras). It may also be that I'm simply glad its not me.
Well, here's to you Mr. Just got hit by the photo radar camera. Hopefully your face is unreadable or blurry in the picture.
Image courtesy of myself and MS paint.
No comments:
Post a Comment